- CCS admissions utilizes a rolling admission process. However, we recommend submitting applications as early as one year in advance of preferred year of enrollment.
- Applications are accepted beginning July 1 of the year preceding the year for which application is being made. Testing and interviews begin in January, based on availability.
- Interviews are scheduled when all required application materials are received.
- As openings become available, sibling and new family admission begins following the current CCS family re-enrollment process in early February. Letters notifying applicants of admission decisions are sent upon completion of the admission process. While CCS continues to accept applications throughout the year, we recommend submitting all forms as early as possible.
- If an applicant is qualified to attend CCS but there are no spaces available in his or her grade, the applicant’s name will be placed in a wait pool. Wait pools are not prioritized lists. When and if an opening becomes available, the Admission Committee will convene and select the most appropriate candidate for the opening. Openings occur throughout the spring and summer, and new students are added to the grades where those openings occur.
- Crossings Christian School gives priority to qualified siblings of current CCS students.
- A child must be 3 years old before September 1 to start Preschool 3/4 class and 4 years old before September 1 to start Prekindergarten 4/5 class. Students must be 5 years of age before September 1 to begin kindergarten, no exceptions. All early childhood applicants must be fully potty trained and able to care for restroom needs independently.
The mission of Crossings Christian School is to partner with parents and the church to develop students into Christ-centered servant leaders who are academically and spiritually prepared for college and life. This partnership requires:
- Families who are growing in their Christian walk and are involved in a local church. Crossings Christian School requires that at least one parent have a personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Students whose academic records demonstrate proven capabilities to succeed at CCS. Crossings Christian School requires students to be performing at or above grade level with a minimum of 2.5 average and all passing grades.
- Students whose recommendations show a behavioral history that matches the behavioral expectations of Crossings Christian School. Students who have been expelled should not apply until they have completed a successful year in another school.
Student records will be carefully evaluated during the application process. The following testing is required in addition to progress reports and standardized testing from the past two years:
- Preschool Applicants: Developmental assessment administered individually
- Kindergarten Applicants: Kindergarten Readiness Test administered individually
- 1st Grade Applicants: First Grade Readiness Test administered individually and in small groups
- 2nd Grade Applicants and Higher: WRAT 4, Wide Range Achievement Test administered individually and in small groups
Crossings Christian School admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin and grants all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, or disability in administration of its education, admission policies, financial aid, athletic and other school-administered programs.