- Applications are accepted beginning July 1 of the year preceding the year for which application is being made. Testing occurs January through March.
- Interviews are scheduled when all required application materials are received.
- Current CCS families complete re-enrollment in early February. Letters notifying applicants of admission decisions are sent in March and April. While CCS continues to accept applications all year, many classes are full following the first round of acceptances in March. In order to be considered in that group of applicants, all application forms, testing, and the interview should be completed before the end of March.
- If an applicant is qualified to attend CCS but there are no spaces available in his or her grade, the applicant’s name will be placed in a wait pool. Wait pools are not prioritized lists. When and if an opening becomes available, the Admission Committee will convene and select the most appropriate candidate for the opening. Openings occur throughout the spring and summer, and new students are added to the grades where those openings occur.
- Crossings Christian School gives priority to qualified siblings of current CCS students.
- A child must be 3 years old before September 1 to start Preschool 3 class and 4 years old before September 1 to start Prekindergarten 4/5 class. Students must be 5 years of age before September 1 to begin kindergarten, no exceptions. All early childhood applicants must be able to care for restroom needs independently.
The mission of Crossings Christian School is to partner with parents and the church to develop students into Christ-centered servant leaders who are academically and spiritually prepared for college and life. This partnership requires:
- Families who are growing in their Christian walk and are involved in a local church. Crossings Christian School requires that at least one parent have a personal saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Students whose academic records demonstrate proven capabilities to succeed at CCS. Crossings Christian School requires students to be performing at or above grade level with a minimum of 2.5 average and all passing grades.
- Students whose recommendations show a behavioral history that matches the behavioral expectations of Crossings Christian School. Students who have been expelled should not apply until they have completed a successful year in another school.
Student records will be carefully evaluated during the application process. The following testing is required in addition to progress reports and standardized testing from the past two years:
- Preschool Applicants: Developmental assessment administered individually
- Kindergarten Applicants: Kindergarten Readiness Test administered individually
- 1st Grade Applicants: First Grade Readiness Test administered individually and in small groups
- 2nd Grade Applicants and Higher: WRAT 4, Wide Range Achievement Test administered individually and in small groups
The CCS Admissions Office is here to serve you! While the campus is currently closed, we are excited to help you throughout the admissions process. Please note the following changes and updates to our typical admissions process.
- Whether you have already begun the CCS admissions process or are just getting started, the admissions office will be communicating by email and the phone each business day. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to schedule shadow days or tours while our campus is closed.
- If you are inquiring about space for the upcoming school year, please email us to determine if there are current openings for your child’s grade(s) for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year.
- In the event we have an opening, it is very important to submit a complete application with all recommendations and at least two years of grades and testing for grades 1-12. You may provide your application through mail or by emailing these documents to email@example.com.
- After submitting your application, please know that we will review applications and scheduled interviews remotely by phone and/or videoconferencing.
- Please note, that the admissions committee will meet remotely and make decisions, when possible. However, some applications may remain open until the campus re-opens.
- Applicants will be notified of decision by phone and contracts will be sent in the mail as soon as possible.
It is our privilege to partner with you in Christian education at CCS,
CCS Admissions Director