Statement of Faith
- The Bible is the perfect, inerrant, and inspired Word of God.
- God exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is God’s eternal Son. Born of a virgin, He took the form of man; through His sinless life He taught men how to live. He was crucified as a sacrifice for our sins. He rose from the dead, according to the Scriptures, and returned to heaven to prepare a place for us. He will come again to receive believers into the presence of God.
- Men and women were created in God’s image, were tempted by Satan and rebelled against God. Through repentance and personal faith in Christ, we are forgiven of our sins, reborn in a new relationship with God and placed into the body of Christ.
- Marriage as sanctioned by God in Scripture joins one man and one woman in an exclusive union. We affirm the Biblical principles relating to marriage and sexuality as detailed in the CCS Statement on Marriage and Sexuality.
“Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your slave – just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”